Job: SW-Eng Tool Design&Implementation, Vienna, Austria, Europe

Ralf Schlatterbeck schlatterbeck at tttech.com
Fri Oct 13 09:42:48 EDT 2000

Sorry for this posting, but I sent this to the Python Job board ten days
ago where it hasn't appeared yet (the last update seems to have been in
September).

TTTech Time-Triggered Technology Inc. (Vienna, Austria)
http://www.tttech.com

Software Engineers Tool Design and Implementation

TTTech is a young high-tech startup setting the standard for the
next-generation distributed control systems in automotive, aerospace,
and other domains. We are well funded and growing rapidly, aiming
for an IPO in about three years.

We develop software tools for the design and deployment of embedded,
fault-tolerant, hard real-time systems. For the development of an
advanced GUI framework based on GTK+, we are looking for creative
software engineers who fit into our small software team.
We expect expertise in object oriented development, a craving for
quality and software reusability, and the will and ability to learn
quickly. You should be comfortable with Linux and WNT. Experience with
Python and C is an asset. Fluency in English is expected, a command of
German would be helpful but not necessary.

We offer competitive compensation and pre-IPO stock options based on
experience and performance. Please send your resume to
positions at tttech.com.

Why TTP ?
**********

The digital revolution is entering the car: From intelligent sensors to
purely electronically controlled braking and steering systems to the
integration of the internet, satellite and mobile telephone networks.
It is assumed that 90 % of innovations in future vehicles will occur
in electronics.

Current in-car computer systems (e.g., CAN) fail to integrate new
"by wire" functionalities, lack the possibility of remote diagnosis
via the Internet, and are expensive to test and integrate.

TTTech is proposing a new computer network architecture. The Time-
Triggered Architecture (TTA) with its building block TTP(r) (for
Time-Triggered Protocol) supports the integration of conventional
electronics and new "by-wire" functions. It enables Internet and
remote access connectivity as well as advanced diagnosis strategies.
The new diagnostic capabilities enable condition based maintenance
and new end-customer focused service strategies (e.g., software
downloads). TTP based components are designed to ease testing and
integration, leading to increased customer satisfaction and
lower total life-cycle cost.

TTP based brake- or steer-by-wire systems promise higher levels of active
safety, comfort and functionality to customers.

What is TTP?
************
TTP is a communication architecture for distributed real-time embedded
computer systems. This innovative technology allows the design,
construction, and maintenance of fault-tolerant complex systems with
faster turn-around times and at lower system costs.

The protocol variant TTP/C is used in applications where dependable,
hard real-time performance is required, including automotive,
aerospace, industrial control, robotics and medical electronics
systems. Several of the world's leading vehicle manufacturers and
suppliers in Europe, the U.S., and Japan, are already in development
with TTP-based silicon implementations for "x-by-wire" applications.

CORPORATE PROFILE
*****************

TTTech AG

TTTech - Time-Triggered Technology is the world's leading supplier of
TTP related technology and tools.

TTTech's products enable customers to build TTP-based systems quickly
and efficiently. These comprise TTPtools(tm), an integrated software
development environment for TTP based systems, and a variety of
hardware products based on the TTP controller chip. TTTech also
provides a broad range of services, from training courses on TTP to
worldwide product and project support.
TTTech has formed a number of key partnerships in the electronics
industry (Motorola, ARM) to broaden the industrial acceptance of the
highly researched TTA.

Further information on TTTech is available on http://www.tttech.com.
TTTech Computertechnik AG, Schönbrunnerstraße 7, A-1040 Vienna, Austria
Email: positions at tttech.com, FAX: +43/1/5853434-90, Tel: +43/1/5853434-0

Dr. Ralf Schlatterbeck                  mailto:schlatterbeck at tttech.com
TTTech Computertechnik AG, Schönbrunnerstraße 7, A-1040 Vienna, Austria
Voice: +43/1/5853434-0,  Fax: +43/1/5853434-90,  http://www.tttech.com/