Darwin/MacOSX Python 2.0b2 with shared libs.

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g at virginia.edu
Thu Oct 5 14:53:04 EDT 2000

Thanks to Tony Lownds, his patches at: http://tony.lownds.com/macosx/,
and discussions between he and Martin v. Loewis on pythonmac-sig,
building with dynamic shared modules on Darwin/MacOSX now works.
( The install scripts are still severely broken -- build and install
  targets don't seem to agree about what platform this is! )

Another problem with case indifference proped up with FCNTL.py vs.
fcntlmodule.so -- the solution here, I think, is to move fcntlmodule
up above the *shared* marker in Modules/Setup so that it is builtin,
and both FCNTL and fcntl will import as the appropriate and different
modules.

Adding 'darwin1.2' to test_fcntl.py among the other bsd's where it
belongs will get it thru that test successfully. ( Otherwise, it
falls thru to the default case and gets an invalid arg. error. )

make test is now only failing on 3 tests:
 test_format, test_largefile, & test_unicodedata.

test_format is failing on a unicode string so maybe it's the same
bug as test_unicodedata.

I vaguely recall someone saying this was a bug fixed in CVS, but
I couldn't manage to dig out that message. ( BTW: Is there someway
to get SourceForge to sort reverse order ? It shows bugs starting
with July, and I don't see any way to skip to the tail of the list --
just  a 'next 50' button. )

---|  Steven D. Majewski   (804-982-0831)  <sdm7g at Virginia.EDU>  |---
---|  Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics  |---
---|  University of Virginia             Health Sciences Center  |---
---|  P.O. Box 10011            Charlottesville, VA  22906-0011  |---
		"All operating systems want to be unix,
		 All programming languages want to be lisp."