Newbie biting off more than he can chew, can you lend some molars?

dwelden at my-deja.com dwelden at my-deja.com
Tue Oct 31 17:21:35 EST 2000

In article <slrn8vs08s.cc3.quinn at chunder.ugcs.caltech.edu>,
  quinn at chunder.ugcs.caltech.edu (Quinn Dunkan) wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Oct 2000 17:57:22 GMT, dwelden at my-deja.com <dwelden at my-
deja.com>
> wrote:
> >I have a vendor supplied Perl module that I would like to convert
into
> >a Python module. I am very new to Python and don't have much of a
clue
> >on creating extension modules, but from what I have learned so far it
> >looks like what I want to do is feasible.
>
> Uh, do you mean converting a C perl module to a C python module, or
perl perl
> module to python python module?
>
> >Any takers?
>
> If you mean "if I send the source to you will you do half the work
and I'll do
> the other half", you're unlikely to get many takers unless you can be
more
> specific :)  If you say what it is you're doing, you may get (in
order of
> probability): a pointer to an existing python module or project that's
> similar, suggestions about how to go about implementation, or maybe
even
> someone willing to write it for you (doubtful, that last one :) )

It is a C Perl module. I am fine with a C Python equivalent. If someone
can provide or point me to detailed instructions on how to proceed, I
am happy to do it myself (don't know anything about this stuff, but I
do have MS VC++ 5.0 for compiling). If someone is willing to "watch
over my shoulder" or better yet let me "watch over their shoulder", so
much the better.

As I said, I am a newbie. I am very willing to learn how to fish
instead of letting someone else do the fishing, I just need some help
getting started.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.