Newbie query about Tkinter in win32

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at gssec.bt.co.uk
Wed Oct 18 10:28:41 EDT 2000

Wynand van Dyk wrote:
> I am working on a cross platform (win32, Linux, MacOS) gui app.

> Tkinter I assume works on all the above listed platforms
> without need to change one line of code.

Almost, yes.
There are a few bits that you need to watch out for,
like fonts and...

> Tk, this icon defaults to a red Tk. How do I change this.

There are some methods of (I think) the TopLevel widget
that correspond to the window manager (wm) commands of Tk.
BUT I think they only work on non windows platforms.
They won't break a windows program but they don't
change the icon either :-(

I don't think this can be done, and note that IDLE doesn't
change the icon which suggests its either not possible or
the IDLE programmers haven't had time to do it yet :-)

Not a big help but a pointer to finding some info maybe.

Alan G.