NameError

alfred6465 at my-deja.com alfred6465 at my-deja.com
Mon Oct 9 16:07:43 EDT 2000

Hello,

I am a new Python user and am having some
problems.  I have a file called test.py that
looks like the following:

import struct

def unpack_data():
   f=open('C:\\cudacom\\result\\1.rp1').read()
   start = 42
   stop = (struct.calcsize('6s') + start)
   name = struct.unpack('6s', f[start:stop])
   grab_data(start,stop)
   print_results(name,desc,data)
   f.close()

def grab_data(start, stop):
   header = 5
   start = stop+header
   stop =  struct.calcsize('sh')+start
   desc, data = struct.unpack('sh', fstart:stop])
   return desc,data

def print_results(name,desc,data):
   print 'Variable Name: %s' %name
   print 'Descriptor: %s' %desc
   print 'Data: %s' %data
   print ""
   return

If I open up PythonWin and type 'import test' at
the prompt I get the following error.
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "GetInfo2.py", line 42
     return (descriptor, data)
     ^
 SyntaxError: invalid syntax

If I comment out the return statement in
grab_data and the print_results call I still get
an error.  It looks like this.

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "GetInfo2.py", line 10, in unpack_data
    grab_data(start,stop)
NameError: grab_data

Can anyone help me?  I am very confused as to
what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.