DESPERATE FOR NEWS ON STARSHIP OUTAGE

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Thu Oct 26 21:44:01 EDT 2000

Robert Amesz wrote:

> Olivier Dagenais wrote:
>
> >> We are in serious trouble, but we got enough help,
> >> so please don't send money - praying and keeping fingers
> >> crossed will help.
> >
> >DON'T send money????
>
> Good lord - it's ANTIspam! If that message ever _touches_ any spam the
> explosion probably will take out all comp.lang.* groups. Please be more
> careful in future.
>
> Robert Amesz
> --
> Sorry, couldn't resist.

This isn't widely known, but the antispam factor is exactly what's been
causing the trouble.  Negative entropy has been dragging "keep your own
money" mesages out of the starship at an ever-increasing rate, until
finally the CPU couldn't keep up and overheated, resulting in a rather
unpleasant grey-brown puddle of silicon slag on the machine room floor.

The only way the starship will ever come back again is if we all wish
very hard, and create a spamless zone within a four-hop diameter.

regards
 Steve
--
Helping people meet their information needs with training and technology.
703 967 0887      sholden at bellatlantic.net      http://www.holdenweb.com/