PythonLabs Team Moves to Digital Creations

hkrosing at my-deja.com hkrosing at my-deja.com
Sat Oct 28 18:50:24 EDT 2000

In article
<mailman.972693760.7272.python-list at python.org>,
  Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
> To all Python users and developers:
>
> I am proud to have found a new home for my
entire team: starting
> today, Tim Peters, Barry Warsaw, Jeremy Hylton,
Fred Drake and myself
> are working for Digital Creations.

Congratulations!

> We will be spending part of our
> time on core Python development (including
Jython and Mailman) and
> part of our time on Python infrastructure
improvements that also
> benefit Zope.

Will this mean that there is some hope of python
getting native (as in included in standard
distribution) support for binary trees, like
rbtrees or avltrees. Or perhaps it has already
happened when I was'nt looking ?

It's not too hard to get the avl or rbtree module
via google, but having one in the standard
distribution would be much nicer.

> These are exciting times for the PythonLabs team
-- and also for
> Python and its community.  Mainstream successes
for Python are showing
> up everywhere, and we're proud to be a part of
such a smart and
> friendly community.  A great year lies ahead!

Time to start the discussion about the _real_
start of the next century/millennium again ;)

Hannu

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.