C's syntax (was Re: Python Formatted C Converter (PfCC))

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Wed Oct 25 00:16:50 EDT 2000

Alex Martelli wrote:

> But that doesn't mean I have to keep silent when somebody
> baldly asserts that C's syntax is "pretty good".  Yecch.  It's
> most definitely *NOT*!

In _your_ very obviously biased opinion.

> And trying to classify me as "does
> not like C" because I *detest* its syntax is just silly.

How can you "_detest_" (your emphasis) a language's syntax but like the
language?  They're inseparable, bub.

Considering that you're the one who's ranting for paragraphs and
paragraphs about C, it's pretty clear that you have a bee in your bonnet
about _something_.

Don't like C's syntax?  Don't use it.  Hate its syntax but use it
anyway?  Live in your own private hell.  Hate its syntax but like it?
By all means, continue making no sense.

/  \ Blood is the god of war's rich livery.
\__/ Christopher Marlowe
    The laws list / http://www.alcyone.com/max/physics/laws/
 Laws, rules, principles, effects, paradoxes, etc. in physics.