Creating printed source code listings

jaepstein_63 at yahoo.com jaepstein_63 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 25 09:17:46 EDT 2000

Hi,

This may be slightly off-topic, but here goes.  While traversing source
code online using Speedbar, etags, etc. is all very nice, sometimes what
I really need is to print out a lot of code in a nice organized manner.
In particular, it would be nice to have:
  (a) two page numbers: one local for each file, and the other global
for the entire comprehensive listing
  (b) an index showing on which page(s) I can find references to a
particular symbol.  Distinguishing between a function definition and
non-defining references would also be nice.

At this point, I am mostly interested in such a tool for Python code,
but would like it in the future for Perl, C, Java, Matlab, and Elisp.

I would prefer to be able to control this somehow through NT Emacs, but
both Unix-based solutions and non-Emacs-friendly solutions could also be
OK.

Thanks for any pointers,

-Jonathan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/