How to extend PythonWin auto-completion - ?

Jason Cunliffe jasonic at nomadicsltd.com
Sun Oct 1 16:00:15 EDT 2000

I am wonderin how it is possible in PythonWin to extedn the popup
autocompletion so it is smarter for ultralazy lousy typists like me..
actually it is more than just that :-)

When you create Class for example there are properties / class variables
and methods.

What I am hoping for is a way to have the popup completion list box
include/append "()" when they are needed by default.
This would make it much easier to distingiush between variables and methods
But also it allow for faster interface with less typing:
- scrollselect the class variable or methods
- hit TAB and that's it
Since the PythonWin shell already knows enought to prompt for
arameters[ verynice], my question partly comes to to bundling this behavior
into the popup listbox whenever one types"."

AmI just too damn lazy or is this a good idea?
If so - any clues how to do it?

thanks
- Jason