Text size in Idle under X11?

Nate Bargmann n0nb at my-deja.com
Sun Oct 8 08:06:33 EDT 2000

In article <etdbswwq84l.fsf at x15-cruise-basselope.mit.edu>,
  Alex <the_brain at mit.edu> wrote:

> Which version of idle are you using?  I'm using CVS, and in that case,
> it seems that you can set the font size in a config file.  Try putting
> this text in a file called ~/.idle and restarting it:
>
> [EditorWindow]
> font-name= courier
> font-size= 14

Thanks Alex.

I guess the version of Idle currently provided by Debian is too old at
version 0.4 to recognize ~/.idle or the [EditorWindow] section.  I
downloaded and tried version .05 and still have the same small font.
Since I use Debian, I'm afraid that installing Python later than 1.5.2
will likely  break several scripts if I jump to 1.6 or a CVS version.
So I guess I'll wait until version 2.0 is formally released and
incorporated into Debian a year to 18 months from now. ;-)

Thanks again.

- Nate >>

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.