ActivePython 2.0 Release

Sam Schulenburg samschul at pacbell.net
Sat Oct 21 15:38:48 EDT 2000

I view redistribution as a moot point by ActiveState. If I redistrubute
an old version of ActivePython, how can ActiveState tell that the code
was redistrubuted, and not an original download?

Sam Schulenburg

In article <kubswey44q.fsf at lasipalatsi.fi>,
  Erno Kuusela <erno-news at erno.iki.fi> wrote:

>  | I believe it is analogous to saying "What's so special about
RedHat (or
>  | Mandrake, Debian, etc..) if I can download and build my own
Linux?"  It's
>  | all about packaging & distribution and I think ActiveState is on
the right
>  | track.
>
> i do not think it is very accurate to compare free software
distributors
> with activestate (no redistribution allowed).
>
>   -- erno

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.