wxPython 2.2.2 demo crashes

rerwig at my-deja.com rerwig at my-deja.com
Tue Oct 31 02:56:23 EST 2000

> Did you take care of the Win95 prerequisites as outlined at
> http://wxpython.org/download.php ?
>
> > Further, the installed documentation points to files with (certainly
> > for me) unknown file extensions: wx.chm and ogl.chm
>
> .CHM files are Microsoft HTML Help files.  You get the HTML Help
viewer
> from here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/tools/htmlhelp/wkshp/download_main.htm

Robin,
I confess: I didn't.
I just followed the links and think the OpenGL upgrade presents no
problem.
WinSock might be a problem as I use currently a company sock
installation. I can't currently judge about that.
The help file viewer is definitly out of the question as it requires
installation of IE: not my personal preference, besides that not
allowed as all our software here is configured to work with Netscape
and I won't mingle with that.

I will try the winsock / opengl upgrades on another machine and inform
you about the results tomorrow.

Thanks
Ruud

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/