Which Web server is the most suitable for Python CGI Programming?

Olivier Dagenais olivierS.dagenaisP at canadaA.comM
Mon Oct 16 16:06:21 EDT 2000

Apache would create a new process for each concurrent CGI instance.  On some
operating systems, creating new processes is slow/slower.

Medusa works differently, queuing requests so they are executed
synchronously and always using the same process.

How slower or faster it is depends on what you want to do, and if it makes
more/less sense to have processes running concurrently.  For a better
description of what Medusa does that is different from conventional web
servers, read "How Does it Work?" at
http://www.nightmare.com/medusa/medusa.html

By the way, as far as I know, Medusa isn't setup to be a CGI webserver
out-of-the-box.  From what I understand, it is more like a server
development kit than a server.

Olivier A. Dagenais - Software Architect and Developer
"Someone called 'Type your name here' is impersonating me on the
internet and is posting exactly the same things I am posting!"

news:8sfd3p$2fh$1 at news2.kornet.net...