wxPython 2.2.2 demo crashes

rerwig at my-deja.com rerwig at my-deja.com
Tue Oct 31 09:47:06 EST 2000

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/tools/htmlhelp/wkshp/download_main.htm

> Robin,
> I confess: I didn't.
> I just followed the links and think the OpenGL upgrade presents no
> problem.
> WinSock might be a problem as I use currently a company sock
> installation. I can't currently judge about that.
> The help file viewer is definitly out of the question as it requires
> installation of IE: not my personal preference, besides that not
> allowed as all our software here is configured to work with Netscape
> and I won't mingle with that.
>
> I will try the winsock / opengl upgrades on another machine and inform
> you about the results tomorrow.
>
> Thanks
> Ruud

Well, upgrading to winsock 2.0 did the trick. I used a system quite
similar to the first one, running W95, Python 2.0 (final), etc. and got
the same problem as well. Didn't installed opengl upgrade (yet), though.

Demo runs now fine (impressing). I like the explanation/code/example
style. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
Now its time to study wxPython ...

Ruud

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.