Text formatting question

Rick Pasotto rickp at telocity.com
Tue Oct 17 15:59:09 EDT 2000

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000 13:12:05 -0500 in comp.lang.python, Christopher J.
Kucera wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I've been unable to find the answer to this elsewhere, so here I try.
>
> I'd love to be able to use PERL-style "format" statements in Python.
> I was wondering if something like this exists.  If so, if you'd be
> kind enough to point me to a URL, I'd appreciate it, and if not, I'll
> happily start coding it up myself.
>
> Just wanted to save myself some time, in case it's already been done.

That's something I've wondered myself. Not just perl formats but the
perl reporting setup that knows about line/page counts, headers, etc.

--
"I'm not interested in running for President.  I'm not even interested in
_being_ President.  I'm interested in living in a free society.  And I don't
		   Rick Pasotto email: rickp at telocity.com