Python equivalent of CPAN (Was: ANY NEWS ON THE STARSHIP?)

Thomas A. Bryan tbryan at python.com
Sun Oct 29 14:10:56 EST 2000

roger day wrote:

> I think there should be some way of grouping modules, so that, say, if one
> module needed others to work, then the latter should be loaded and installed at
> the same time. Or something like that :-)

Roland mentioned debian's apt-get command.  I think that it
includes some sort of dependency system so that one package
knows which other packages it needs, and the command can
alert the user which other packages are needed to run the
one he's getting.

I'm not sure whether Python can support this type of functionality.
Is the disutils SIG working on this problem too?

---Tom