Python equivalent of CPAN (Was: ANY NEWS ON THE STARSHIP?)

Roland Mas mas at echo.fr
Tue Oct 24 12:36:31 EDT 2000

Miles R. Fidelman (2000-10-24 13:34:12 +0000) :

> it's even easier than that, if you have the cpan module installed:
> perl -MCPAN -e shell
>
> and then:
> install <module name>

Or even (if you know the name of the module you need):
perl -MCPAN -e'install <module name>'

> I don't know how much easier it can get.  This really is the killer
> distinction. (note: I don't even like perl that much as a language -
> I prefer to do my web programming in PHP - but as a collection of
> easy-to-find and easy-to-install facilities, perl and cpan beat
> everything else out there by a wide margin)

  It sure is hard to beat.  The Debian package system (including the
famed 'apt-get' command) has about the same simplicity and power.  I
can't find any point in favour of either one as compared to the other.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

La tradition orale, c'est comme un vieux fromage [...] -- Le Blaire
  -- Signatures à collectionner, série n°2, partie 1/3.