Python scoping

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 27 06:07:25 EDT 2000

"Quinn Dunkan" <quinn at pfennig.ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote in message
news:slrn8vi15h.j5e.quinn at pfennig.ugcs.caltech.edu...
    [snip]
> >    Foo: BEGIN
> >        /* whatever */
> >    END Foo;
>
> Same for dylan, although it's optional there too:
>
> define me a new generic method called foo(x is an <integer> type please)
>     ..
> end define me a new generic method called foo(x is an <integer> type
please);

Terminology question: isn't it "generic function" (with "method" being
a concrete implementation of a g.f. for certain argument types)?  My
knowledge of Dylan is limited (the "Dylan Programming" book and little
more) and I'd like to ensure I have understood its terms & architecture...
thanks!

Alex