pyxml for mac

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g at virginia.edu
Tue Oct 3 13:34:42 EDT 2000

On 3 Oct 2000, Martin von Loewis wrote:

> Nick Collier <nick at src.uchicago.edu> writes:
>
> > Anybody have pyxml binaries for Mac they'd like to share or know where I
> > could get such a thing. (We have a mac but no compiler.)
>
> If you can live without the pyexpat parser (and only use the xmlproc
> parser), you get something written in 100% pure Python, so no compiler
> would be needed. Just uncomment the extensions in setup.py.
>
> xmlproc is a validating parser (unlike pyexpat, which does not
> validate); it is much slower, though. If you restrict yourself to SAX
> and DOM, you don't need to care what parsers are available - Python
> will pick the 'best' one.

If it's EXPAT he needs:
pyexpat.ppc.slb is the the Mac/PlugIns folder in Python 2.0b1

---|  Steven D. Majewski   (804-982-0831)  <sdm7g at Virginia.EDU>  |---
---|  Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics  |---
---|  University of Virginia             Health Sciences Center  |---
---|  P.O. Box 10011            Charlottesville, VA  22906-0011  |---
		"All operating systems want to be unix,
		 All programming languages want to be lisp."