Link errors on Solaris 7 - Python 2.0

Mr. Xyzzy mrxyzzyNOSPAM at xyzzyNOSPAM.com
Fri Oct 20 11:48:15 EDT 2000

I'm getting link errors when compiling on Solaris 7. I have GCC 2.95-2,
and run the standard configure and make -- with whatever the default
options are. Then I get this:

gcc   python.o \
          ../libpython2.0.a -ldb  -lpthread -lsocket -lnsl -ldl
-lthread -lm  -o python
dbopen                              ../libpython2.0.a(bsddbmodule.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to python
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `link'
Current working directory /usr/local/src/Python-2.0/Modules
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `python'

Does Python require some external libraries that I don't have? I can't
find any documentation on required external libraries, etc. Also,
pythonlabs.com appears to be down so I couldn't find anything there. Any
advice or help appreciated,

xyzzy