Is this a dream or a nightmare? (Was Re: XML)

Grant Griffin g2 at seebelow.org
Sun Oct 8 10:35:32 EDT 2000

David T. Grove wrote:

> Perl is not applied the same way as C++. Although it has OOP down to a
> simple art,

OK, seriously, I gotta differ here.  I've been doing C++ for about 6
years, but I never could figure out Perl's OO syntax.  It's just too
weird.  OTOH, I learned Python's OO syntax on the first day.

> with every bit the umph of C++ (but none of the paranoia -
> Python is also not nearly as paranoid as C++)

C++ itself isn't paranoid.  It just allows the paranoid to indulge
themselves in their worst instincts.  <wink>

which-is-not-to-say-that-i-don't-lock-my-doors-at-night-<wink>
   -ly y'rs,

=g2

Grant R. Griffin                                       g2 at dspguru.com
Iowegian International Corporation	      http://www.iowegian.com