PythonLabs Team Moves to Digital Creations

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Mon Oct 30 08:39:45 EST 2000

William Tanksley <wtanksle at dolphin.openprojects.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Oct 2000 19:41:10 GMT, tim_one at email.msn.com wrote:
>>Python's direction will still be set by Guido.  Rights to our Python
>>(etc -- Jython/Mailman) work will be assigned to the PSF (to Guido,
>>until the PSF exists), establishing a strong legal wall between Python
>>(etc) and DC's (or anyone else's) particular private interests.

> Out of curiosity, will there be any reorganization in the secret and
> completely nonexistant Python Underground?  I've been working on my
> lead-pipe swinging, so if you -- I mean someone -- need(s) an enforcer
> just ask for my resume'.

Good thing you asked. All these moves were planned in detail by the PSU,
in preparation for the alien nanovirus invasion, which is going to
happen between 2005 and 2025 (current best continuum sliding timescale
estimate). The Roswell versions of Gordon and Tim (after the time
travel accident) are precisely timing the planned collision of Microsoft and
the US government. It's tricky, as the value of the euro must be at an exact
point compared to the dollar, but they'll work it out.

The new danger are the self-replicating anti-regexes. We're not quite
sure how to deal with those. The syntactic substructure of the universe
may be adversely affected, and we can't just reserve the polarity like
in star trek. Their origins are still being investigated, but there are
indications they are an anachronistic pollution by a cross-temporal version of
Perl 6.

Oh, and you never read this message. The PSU does NOT exist.

Usenet-will-self-destruct-in-10-seconds-ly yours,

Martijn