Python wrapper for OpenDX?

askom at my-deja.com askom at my-deja.com
Mon Oct 23 15:21:36 EDT 2000

Hi,

Long ago (in May) Randall Hopper asked this group if anybody is
interested in a Python wrapper for OpenDX. (Original note attached
below). Many (14) people immediately answered YES, SURE. Does anybody
know the end of the story?

Regards,
Alexander.
------------------- Original note ---------------------------
A while back I wrote a Python wrapper for OpenDX, complete with
callbacks to Python and exceptions thrown across the DXL layer.  Before
I devote any time toward preping, packaging, and posting it, I thought
I'd first see if any others are interested in this tool (e.g. to build
Python apps which use DX for graphics/visualization under-the-hood).

    For those that don't know, OpenDX (formerly IBM Data Explorer) is
an industrial-strength scientific/data visualization package, now open-
source:

    http://www.research.ibm.com/dx/
    http://www.opendx.org/

--