base conversion

Joel Lucsy jjlucsy at concentric.net
Fri Oct 6 15:38:13 EDT 2000

Yes, but standard compression routines like zlib or lzo don't work well on
short sequences. I'd rather treat the string as a decimal rather than a
string and simply (well, it seems simple) convert the base. Perhaps a
different method would work, but my brain just doesn't want to descramble
how to do it.