Python scoping

Olivier Dagenais olivierS.dagenaisP at canadaA.comM
Tue Oct 24 10:49:39 EDT 2000

I saw a half-funny article on how you can get Python to support explicit
scope start/end:  just prefix your brace or keyword with the '#' character,
like so:

for c in range ( 100 ):
# do
    print c,
# next c

...or if you come from a C background...

for c in range ( 100 ):
#{
    print c,
#}

and Python is smart enough to match two different styles, too:

for c in range ( 100 ):
# do
    print c,
#}

Note, however, you still need to properly indent your code...

Olivier A. Dagenais - Software Architect and Developer
"Someone called 'Type your name here' is impersonating me on the
internet and is posting exactly the same things I am posting!"

news:8FD6F80F0suppamanxcollectoror at 209.155.56.95...