copy protection

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Oct 18 11:05:10 EDT 2000

In article <39ED12BB.89A0D056 at smith-house.org>, Larry Smith wrote:

[regarding node-locked software licensing]

>Do you mean to tell us you're SELLING an application that will
>promptly fail to run if the machine it is installed on has a
>hard drive failure or is moved to another sub net in the same
>building?  My, God, man, who'd be stupid enough to trust their
>BUSINESS to that?

Node locked licensing is done all the time.  You've often got
to _pay_ the vendor for the privlege of moving the app (e.g.
Applixware Office) from that clunky old Sun IPX to your nice
spiffy new SS20.  Been there, done that, hated it.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  In Newark the
                                  at               laundromats are open 24