Preparing a Python Program for Distribution

Richard Harvey tririch at connect.net
Tue Oct 24 15:27:03 EDT 2000

Alex,

I found that the only real problem is that Py_Initialize expects to find
modules (such as the exception modules) in the default Python path, which
won't exist if the user doesn't have Python installed.  You can modify the
default path in config.h to default to your local directory structure if you
have embedded Python, and eliminate the need for the user doing a full
Python install.  A tell-tale sign of this problem under NT is a hard
exception thrown in the python16.dll during Py_Initialize.

Rich