busting-out XML sections

Patrick Phalen python at teleo.net
Mon Oct 9 12:25:52 EDT 2000

[Thomas Gagne, on Mon, 09 Oct 2000]
:: I think what I'm beginning to picture inside my head is a combination SAX/DOM
:: parser.  Imagine how useful this would be for both large files and realtime
:: data.  SAX would read the (unending) stream of data and my document handler
:: would watch for the start and end tags of the useful subsections.  When the
:: end-tag is reached it would somehow take the inbetween data and hand it off to
:: a DOM parser where the individual transactions are taken care of.

How would this differ from Paul Prescod's pulldom/minidom, which is
already available and will part of Python 2.0?