ObjC-SIG ? (PyObjC for MacOSX)

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g at virginia.edu
Tue Oct 10 18:10:20 EDT 2000

Can any former member of the Obj-C SIG give a report of what the
last known status of the GnuStep/NextStep/OpenStep obj-C support?

Most of the links in the SIG Archive and Status pages are broken,
although I managed to find some files nearby the broken links

For example,

<http://www.python.org/pipermail/objc-sig/1998-August/000216.html>

announces the last release (0.55) by Lele Gaifax, at:

<ftp://ftp.codefab.com/pub/incoming/PyObjC-0.55.tar.gz>

The above link is broken, but it can actually be found at:

<ftp://ftp.codefab.com/pub/unsupported/PyObjC-0.55.tar.gz>

(Similarly, the files on ftp://ftp.thoughtport.net mentioned
 on the ObjC SIG status page seem to be elsewhere on that site.)

The Makefiles appear to be set up to build to link to gnustep libraries.
I was expecting some problems figuring out how to get it to work on
OSX, but trying to manually compile on Mac OSX, I find some immediate
inconsistencies : in objc_support.h,  macro INSTMETH( i, s ) is defined
with two args but called with one arg.  -- Did this EVER compile ?

Is anyone actively using this package ?

---|  Steven D. Majewski   (804-982-0831)  <sdm7g at Virginia.EDU>  |---
---|  Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics  |---
---|  University of Virginia             Health Sciences Center  |---
---|  P.O. Box 10011            Charlottesville, VA  22906-0011  |---
		"All operating systems want to be unix,
		 All programming languages want to be lisp."