kjbuckets Win32 binaries for Python 2.0

Tom nospam at nospam.com
Sat Oct 21 11:59:47 EDT 2000

I got version 2.2 of kjBuckets from the link you suggested.

It includes a header 'rename2.h' which I found in the Python 152 source, but
not in Python 2.0 - so I just used the old one.

I'm getting lots of errors and warnings, let me start by commenting on these
2:

For the following line (#160):  enum GState { UNKNOWN, FREE, ROOT,
OVERFLOW };
What are these constants?  Only OVERFLOW is defined on my system.  The
compiler reports: "syntax error : 'constant'".

And the line: (#3295): OB_HEAD_INIT(&Typetype)
Causes the compiler to report: "initializer is not a constant".
'TypeType' is defined in that rename2.h header file (above) as PyType_Type
which is imported from the Python DLL, so it can't be treated as a constant.
I believe I've seen this before - the value will need to be set during
module initialization.  But before I get into that I wanted to ask 'is this
legal in GCC?'  Is this legal in ANSI-C?  Is it a characteristic of windows'
DLL that is creating this problem?

Tom.

news:39F04342.5CE2A536 at ibm.net...