New Python development process (SourceForge considered Harmful?)

Tom nospam at nospam.com
Thu Oct 5 11:16:32 EDT 2000

I've heard people defend SF's banner ads as only being for SF projects.
Maybe that was true once, but it isn't anymore - today, for example, I've
seen ads for "Animation Factory - Premium Gold Site" and for IBM.

There isn't actually anything wrong with this - they need to make money.
But people shouldn't pretend that there is something morally good about SF.
If they are providing a service for the Open-Source community its because
they have a plan to make a lot of money from it.

Personally, I've got too many ads in my life, so I prefer to pay for things,
rather than have to put up with lots of ads.

Tom

news:8rhsgu$i8j$3 at newsserver.rrzn.uni-hannover.de...