installing Tkinter on ActivePython

Grant Griffin not.this at seebelow.org
Tue Oct 31 02:43:25 EST 2000

Hi Gang,

Sorry if this question has been answered recently, but maybe I missed
it...

I'm trying to figure out the best way to install Tkinter, given that I
have already installed ActivePython.  (ActivePython doesn't come with
Tkinter...)

I'm running Windows.  On one computer, I installed BeOpen Python, then
simply installed ActivePython on top of that.  I got a scary warning
from ActivePython, but it seemed to work fine anyway.

On another computer, I have already installed ActivePython.  I could
uninstall it, install BeOpen Python, and re-install ActivePython (per
the above), but that seems like a lot of trouble.  Is there a fairly
simple installation procedure to install just Tkinter?  If so, where do
I get it as a separate distribution?  Do I have to do anything special
to make it work with ActivePython?

in-the-future,-i-ain't-gonna-keep-using-ActivePython-if-it-keeps
   -not-coming-with-Tkinter-ly y'rs,

=g2

Grant R. Griffin                                       g2 at dspguru.com
Iowegian International Corporation	      http://www.iowegian.com