COM+ in Python

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Tue Oct 10 18:58:13 EDT 2000

"Bernhard Reiter" <breiter at usf.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE> wrote in message
news:8s028j$7c5$3 at newsserver.rrzn.uni-hannover.de...
> In article <8ruqc9$mtb$1 at oslo-nntp.eunet.no>,
> "Thomas Weholt" <thomas at cintra.no> writes:
>
> > Has anybody made COM+ servers in Python? Is there any information
> > about this available ? Anything ? Any information related to COM+
> > and Python would be highly appreciated.

> A 1997 tutorial on COM and python mentions COM+, it looks like
> win32com can just do it. Mark Hammond will probably answer this
> question soon:

I think I may have directed Thomas here in email?

You are correct - it should "just work", and generally does from all
accounts.  My only direct experience is helping a client track down
memory leaks when run under MTS.  That is as far as my direct
experience extends, but I do know other people have done much more
(hence I usually direct this question here, hoping some "real users"
will pop up :-)

Mark.