Install Interupted.

Michael Hudson mwh21 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Oct 16 03:44:44 EDT 2000

Mark Cunningham <mcunni01 at uoguelph.ca> writes:

> Yah, I have absolutely no idea what I am doing here. I put linux on and
> I tried to install Python.

Isn't it already installed?

> I run the make test and it fails with an error number 126 i run the
> python ./Lib/test/regrtest.py which is the last file it tested
> before crashing and it gave me these results:
>
> 42 test ok
> 19 tests skipped:
>
> test_al
> test_audiloop
> test_bsddb
> test_cd
> test_cl
> test_crypt
> test_dbm
> test_dl
> test_gdbm
> test_gl
> test_gzip
> test_imageop
> test_imgfile
> test_nis
> test_rgbimg
> test_sunaudiodev
> test_thread
> test_timing
> test_zlib

What does it says as it fails (ie. how do you know it's failed?)?

> I have Corel Linux as my OS and I have no idea what is going on, when I
> make install, it crashes on [altbininstall] Error 1.

Again, can you post the end of the output of make?  If you're not sure
what's relavent you can send me the entire output (don't post that to
the group!).  You are root/have appropriate permission when you run
"make install" don't you?

Cheers,
M.

--
  Two things I learned for sure during a particularly intense acid
  trip in my own lost youth: (1) everything is a trivial special case