Newbie: How Can I Print To Specific Screen Locations.

jbranthoover at my-deja.com jbranthoover at my-deja.com
Thu Oct 5 15:50:36 EDT 2000

In article <slrn8tp9gl.nf.matt at happy-hour.mondoinfo.com>,
  matt at mondoinfo.com (Matthew Dixon Cowles) wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Oct 2000 15:43:02 GMT, jbranthoover at my-deja.com
> <jbranthoover at my-deja.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello All,
> >I am looking a way to print at specific screen locations under
> >Python.  Possibly by controlling the cursor location?  Is there a
> >module that will let me do this screen printing?
>
> Have a look at the curses module. There's documentation at:
>
> http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-curses.html
>
> I forget whether it's built by default.
>
> Regards,
> Matt
Hello Matt,
	Thanks for the quick response.  I have heard of the curses
module.  Unfortunately,  it is not built by default and at this point I
do not have the skills to compile it myself.  I do have the tools but
not the know how.  Do you know of any “how to guides” for compiling
python using the GCC compiler?  If you have any other suggestions
please let me know and thanks again……

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.