wxPython 2.2.2 demo crashes

rerwig at my-deja.com rerwig at my-deja.com
Tue Oct 31 01:35:44 EST 2000

In article <8tk898$o9v$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,
  Robin Dunn <robin at alldunn.com> wrote:
> In article <8tjmds$96v$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,
>   rerwig at my-deja.com wrote:
> > I have just downloaded wxPython 2.2.2.
> > I'm using Python 2.0 (final)
> >
> > Running the demo gives:
> >
> > PYTHONW caused an exception c06d007eH in module WX22_2.DLL at
> > 016f:00b140fa.
>
> Does this happen before or after you get the main window for the demo?
> If after, which part of the demo did you select to run?  Which version
> of Windows are you running?

I'm using windows 95 (4.00.950B actually).
I'm sorry to say that I don't even get a main window: it just crashes.
You get a warning screen, saying: "This program has performed an
illegal operation and will be shut down." etc. The details provides
some pointers to wx22_2.dll as I posted before.

Further, the installed documentation points to files with (certainly
for me) unknown file extensions: wx.chm and ogl.chm

Is it possible this distribution is not correct? Or do I need to
download the docs separately?

Let me know if I can be of any further help.

Ruud

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.