Is Python development applicable to commerce?

Peter Moore pmoore at mjs400.co.uk
Sun Oct 29 17:29:24 EST 2000

> Peter wrote:
> > Is Mark receiving a huge amount sponsorship income?
>
> do any of your posts have anything to do with anything?  I don't
> understand what you're talking about, or what point you're trying
> to make here.
>
> even if I accept that "a single open source developer" is equivalent
> to "a massively funded formula one racing team", a "random usenet
> poster" to "the worlds best driver", and "a free beer at the python
> conference" to "hundreds of millions of dollars", I still don't get it.
>
> does anyone?
>
> do you?
Yeah, one day the Python might make a fair number of people a decent living.

If this isn't the case let me know a few good reasons why and I'll skulk
about to comp.sys.ibm.as400 and stay coding in RPG (which works just
fine in an industrial setting but falls short in linguistic expression.)
Who knows maybe the "random usenet poster" wasn't coding just for the
fun of it and could use a decent IDE, I know I could.