How do you create constants?

Mikael Olofsson mikael at isy.liu.se
Tue Oct 31 01:15:00 EST 2000

Can someone tell me why anyone would need true constants?

I mean:
I use variables that I leave unchanged throughout my code, but I have
never felt that I would need them to be truly constant. I know which
variable to leave unchanged. I've never contributed to really large
applications. Perhaps that's it?

If I ever was to develop anything large and complex enough that I could
loose track of what to leave unchanged, I think I would feel confortable
enough with an instance of the write-once-read-many class that Christian
Tismer suggested this time (others have suggested it before). If I cannot
remember to keep my hands off this only variable, then I should have my
memory examined.

/Mikael

E-Mail:  Mikael Olofsson <mikael at isy.liu.se>
WWW:     http://www.dtr.isy.liu.se/dtr/staff/mikael