FreeBSD and --with-threads, something stupid

Paul Magwene paul.magwene at yale.edu
Thu Oct 12 09:09:46 EDT 2000

Arek Dreyer wrote:

> Hi.  I'm trying to try Zope on a FreeBSD box.
> But before I do that, I need python with thread support.
> But I'm running into problems.
> I feel like I'm missing something simple; has anyone
> done this successfully?
> Thanks!
> -Arek

This may not be too helpful if you're trying to do something special
with your installation, but I believe the Python port on FreeBSD 4.x is
compiled with thread support by default.  You might take a look at the
Makefile and patches in /usr/ports/lang/python15 for some hints if you
don't want to use the default port.

Paul Magwene
paul.magwene at yale.edu