python 1.6(final) vs. dislin 7.3

Helmut Michels michels at linmpi.mpg.de
Mon Oct 2 04:21:31 EDT 2000

Phil Austin wrote:

> I just tried an upgrade (Win95) from 1.5.2 to 1.6 and am unable to
> import dislin (The error message says something to the effect that
> "the module is missing required dlls").  Has anyone done this
> successfully, or alternatively, is there an equivalent to ldd on
> Windows to see what dependencies are missing?  dislin.dll is in my
> sys.path, and when I uninstall python 1.6 and go back to 1.5.2, it
> imports successfully.  I've tried adding a dislin.pth file, which
> works for Numeric, but no luck with this either.
>
> Thanks, Phil

I have now created a new DISLIN module for Python 1.6 (Win32) and added
it to the DISLIN distribution for Python. The name of the module is
dislin16.dll. If you are using Python 1.6, you can rename the file
'dislin.dll' to 'dislin15.dll', and then 'dislin16.dll' to 'dislin.dll'.

The updated DISLIN distribution for Python can be downloaded from the
DISLIN Homepage

                    http://www.linmpi.mpg.de/dislin

  Helmut Michels
  Max-Planck-Institut fuer Aeronomie  Phone: +49 5556 979-334
  Max-Planck-Str. 2                   Fax  : +49 5556 979-240
  D-37191 Katlenburg-Lindau           Mail : michels at linmpi.mpg.de