A suggestion for python 2.1.

thehaas at my-deja.com thehaas at my-deja.com
Thu Oct 19 14:36:53 EDT 2000

In article <39ef27c1.3714328 at nntp.interaccess.com>,
  olczyk at interaccess.com wrote:
> Why do people always jump on stupid and rash assumptions.
> At no point do I say that I am using UNIX. There are no statements
> that rule out all other operating systems.

Geez, calm down.  In a way, it's your fault - you didn't tell us what
platform you wanted this to work on.  Since you were talking about
environment variables, we all assumed Unix, since they are more
important to set correctly for Python then in Windows.  And, actually,
we were right.

If you did the default install of Python on Windows, it should have
registered the ".py" extenstion to Python, i.e. it should have a Python
icon when you display the directory in Explorer.  If not, open up
Explorer, click on View-> Options, click the File Types table, wait for
Windows to think, and then add a new extension - one for ".py".  Now,
not only can you click on the program for it to run, but you can type
it in on the command line and it will run (make sure you include
the ".py", though).  Then you can put this Python program into your
path and everything is groovey.

How's that??

Mike

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/