fcgi.py for Windows needed (and socket.fromdf documentation bug found)

Bernhard Reiter breiter at usf.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE
Tue Oct 10 18:28:04 EDT 2000

In article <mailman.971216185.25153.python-list at python.org>,
	Neil Schemenauer <nas at arctrix.com> writes:
> On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 09:51:25PM +0000, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
>> fcgi.py, which seem to be the way to do fcgi scripts in python
>> does not support Windows platforms.
>
> I spent a bit of time trying to get this working for Quixote and
> eventually gave up.  Sockets and file descriptors are not the
> same thing on Windows.  The Perl fcgi module goes through
> considerable contortions to work around this.  If you get this
> working I would be happy to hear about it.

At least we are two with the same problem...
And hints on what you have tried already?
My problem is that I do not have access to a proprietory MSC++v6
compiler all the time so all the windows code in the mod_fastcgi
modules makes not much sense to me.
	Bernhard

The FreeGIS Project				            (freegis.org)