This is really cheesing me off...

Grant Griffin g2 at seebelow.org
Sat Oct 14 16:21:26 EDT 2000

Dale Strickland-Clark wrote:

> Env: Win2K, Python 1.6, PythonWin
>
> How do you develop multi-module projects without haveing to constantly
> quit and restart PythonWin?

I had the same problem--and I gravitated to the same solution.  Then I
gave up on PythonWin.  It's a darn shame, too, because PythonWin is
otherwise a really strong product.

In the last several months, I've taken to using MS Visual C++ (MSVC) as
my Python IDE.  It doesn't do Python syntax highlighting, and it doesn't
have a Python debugger.  But other than that, it's almost as good of a
Python IDE as PythonWin. <wink>

As I understand it, PythonWin's problem stems from the fact that is
partly written in Python: the Python interpreter can't be totally
re-initialized--except by exiting and restarting PythonWin.  (It seems
like there ought to be a way to somehow run separate interpreters for
PythonWin and user code.  But maybe there isn't.)

I'm unclear whether IDLE has the same problem.  I'm gonna to give it a
try soon.  In any case, if a Python IDE were available with a debugger
that worked as smoothly as MSVC's does on C/C++ programs, that would
really be valuable.

btw,-isn't-msvc's-debugger-written-in-msvc?-<wink>-ly y'rs,

=g2

Grant R. Griffin                                       g2 at dspguru.com
Iowegian International Corporation	      http://www.iowegian.com