Mapping Python to CORBA

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Wed Oct 25 00:19:58 EDT 2000

>     Python list -> IDL typedef sequence<any> MyList;
> or similar.

Right, but can a CORBA any type also be a sequence or a hash table?
(it's been a while, but I don't think so).

The problems of moving from Python's unstructured environment to
the more structured CORBA environment are legion. Everything must
be decided on a case-by-case basis.

If it were me, I'd make certain that I had look-aside metadata
which I compared my python data to before I attempted to push it
to CORBA. For this, you'll need some kind of friendly python IDL
parser.

C//