Can I use the XML-utilities with Python 1.6? - trying to upgrade XML Processing with Python-code

Martin von Loewis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Mon Oct 9 10:43:25 EDT 2000

OlavB at yahoo.com writes:

> I am trying to migrate to Python 1.6.  I some f code based on "XML
> processing with Python".  I get some problems in the xml utility
> (xml. libraries) with finding SaxBuiler, and it wants the
> Python15.dll.

You could use it with Python 1.6, but you will need to recompile all C
modules - unless somebody else has already produced a binary
distribution. Pretty much the same applies to PyXML, BTW: I made
binaries only for 1.5.2 and 2.0b2.

Personally, I'd recommend against using Python 1.6. If you want a
stable system, you should use 1.5.2. If you want some of the more
recent features, you should use 2.0 beta versions. That even includes
xml libraries - although the interfaces probably slightly deviate from
your book's code (Python 2.0 has SAX2 and minidom).

Regards,
Martin