ANNOUNCE: PySymbolic - Doing Symbolics in Python

Johann Hibschman johann at physics.berkeley.edu
Tue Oct 10 17:15:04 EDT 2000

Pearu Peterson writes:

> I have started a project

>   PySymbolic  - "Doing Symbolics in Python"

> PySymbolic is a collection of tools for doing elementary symbolic
> calculations in Python. The project is in alpha stage.

Neat!  I'll take a look at it.  A few weeks ago, I implemented an
*extremely* simplified symbolic class.  I just did basic manipulation
of what I called "terms", which were composed of a constant times a
number of variables raised to various powers.  That was nice, but a
real symbolic package would be great.

Didn't Joe Strout start a project like this a while ago, too?

--J

Johann Hibschman                           johann at physics.berkeley.edu