I want to impress the boss.

cigar20 at my-deja.com cigar20 at my-deja.com
Tue Oct 17 06:32:46 EDT 2000

In article <P4SG5.13860$wG1.51983 at news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
  "Mark Hammond" <MarkH at ActiveState.com> wrote:
> > The questions:
> > - The location of a complete set of Microsoft Word COM commands is
> > asking too much?
>
> Actually there _was_ a pointer to the complete commandset (ie, the
> makepy generated source file).  No pointer to documentation yet tho.
>
> But it is too much to ask on this newsgroup.  Check the Office 2000
> install options - it may be there, but disabled (that was true for
> Office 97).  Or try the Office 2000 developers kit.
>
> > - When interfacing to VSS it's up to me to build my own 'home grown'
> > set of commands...(it's possibly not mature enough a program to have
> > built in COM interface)?
>
> No - it has a complete COM interface.  There was a pointer to some
> sample code in Pythonwin that uses this interface.  Again, you will
> need to look for VSS resources to locate the object model
> documentation...
>
> Mark.

Thank you Mark.  I was thinking after I wrote my last post that maybe I
should haved asked my questions in a more COM related group.  I know
Python can do much more than 'glueing' and thought that not everyone
here is using Python the same way I am.  Thank you again I'll now
quitely go do some research.  (Yours was the the first book I bought on
Python)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.