Runtime error importing extension modules

lss at excosoft.se lss at excosoft.se
Mon Oct 2 06:01:14 EDT 2000

I have a problem with PYDs in an application using Python as an
embedded scripting language. In this case, the application and Python
are statically linked together into a single executable. To get this to
work, I had to remove definitions of USE_DL_EXPORT and USE_DL_IMPORT
and other DLL-related preprocessor macros. Now, however, each attempt
to import a PYD results in a runtime error. Does anyone have any
pointers on how I may link Python together statically with a C++
application and yet retain the the ability to import dynamic extension
modules? Is USE_DL_IMPORT or USE_DL_EXPORT necessary for this, and if
so, how can I have them without compromising the ability to link Python
statically?

Thankful for assistance,

Ludvig Svenonius
Excosoft AB