[ANNOUNCE] dbObj 1.0 released

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 23 15:57:39 EDT 2000

I've just wrapped up the 1.0 version of dbObj, an ultra-light
object-oriented middleware toolkit for MySQL and Python (although it
should be easy to plug in another database - the db-dependent bits are
well-marked). People have thought that it did look a bit like Apple's
(formerly Next's) enterprise objects - but much, much simpler...

dbObj offers relation tables and records as Python objects that can
be subclassed and everything. Repositories can be stored in xml files
(and retrieved), and ddl sql can be generated from a repository.

I do not know of any remaining bugs, but I suspect there are still some.
But there's something like a manual now, and a test application, too.

Get it at:

     http://www.valdyas.org/python/dbobj.html

or (if that one is down)

     http://www.xs4all.nl/~bsarempt/python/dbobj.html

dbObj forms the basis of my Kura linguistics database application:

     http://www.valdyas.org:8000

--

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.valdyas.org